14.11.09

My brain has more knowledge then in the previous night

Mainly my life here is to work as much as possible to build up strong foundation for my later development in research career. Recently I have generated lots of inspiration for research ideas and project proposal due to increasing degree of understanding on how to proceed with the computation techniques. I am in the progress of building my own 'paper-publishing factory'. So far so good. I see good progress in the building of the factory as my skill and knowledge in computational physics are increasing daily, so is my confidence. I got a half-finished research project a few years ago in USM on FDTD calculation due to inspiration supplied by Ah Loong. Despite the fact that I have not finished that project I realise how much the code-writing and computer-related experience has fortified my skill in the field of computational physics i am working on now.
It's a kind of computational project far far away from my original field of study (HEP) - diffusion quantum
Monte Carlo calculation of Josephson junction array as flux quibit. Pride and happiness always accompany me every night when I climb up to the sleeping bed because my brain usually has more knowledge then in the previous night. I am now dealing with many kind of hardcore physics, particularly QM and computational statistical model, which are stuff that I never dare to touch due to the fact that I never understood them in the past. But these days having been exposed to much of these topics, I find them to be the perfect fields I want to dive in. It's much more easier than HEP, and I do it with high degree of enjoyment. An increasingly clearer agenda for my research career is taking shape now. I latex my research ideas and proposal and upload them to my web page for later convenience. Once these plans are laid down, the problems become equivalent to half-solved. I envisage a prolific publication era for myself to come.

30 September 2009 16:08

2 則留言:

  1. 找到好老师了。

    回覆刪除
  2. Pin Wai Koh25/11/09 01:10

    你做的东西很高深,我不是很明白...

    回覆刪除